[Review] Ouch! My Vampire Doms Give Good Spankings by Calista Jayne

PUBLISHER'S SYNOPSIS:
 Will and Xander are hiding something from me. Something big.

The signs are subtle. They look away when I talk about the future. They carefully word their replies. They invent new and creative methods of “funishment” to distract me from further conversation. I'm starting to get nervous.

Meanwhile, my stepfather is in town, and he still wants me dead.

I trust that Will and Xander will protect me. After all, they're doing everything they can for me...except telling me the truth.  

MY THOUGHTS: For a good portion of this series, I've cared much more about what happens between the three main characters than I cared about the external conflict. But, things are all finally coming together in this fifth novella, and I was just as intrigued by what was happening to Autumn, Xander, and Will as I was intrigued by what was happening to their relationship.

After the events of the fourth novella, the honeymoon phase is officially over for Autumn. It was heartbreaking just how many times she questioned whether or not she had a future with her vampires. And the big reveal? Completely shattered my heart on Autumn's behalf. For the previous novellas, I've definitely been more invested in the relationship storyline, but now I'm equally as invested in the other players in the game as well. 

As with the previous parts of this story, this novella was a fairly quick read. However, this part of the story felt more driven to me, like the plot finally has a direction and knows where to go. We're clearly ramping up towards the finale, and Jayne is throwing everything at us now. This novella is my favorite of the series so far, all because of the non-romance parts of the plot. 

As the penultimate novella in the series, I thought this part of the story did a great job at wrapping up some conflicts while simultaneously introducing some new drama. I felt like I was getting some closure, while new doors were clearly opening. This was a great addition to the series that only left me wanting more. 

--------------------

Release date: 1/9/24
Format: ebook
Ebook obtained via: Kindle/Amazon


Popular Posts