[Review] Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston

I put off reading Red, White & Royal Blue for months. I saw it all over Instagram when it first came out, and I know I'd get to it someday, but I was never really in any hurry. Well, I probably should've gotten to this sooner. Casey McQuiston's book on love and hope in spite of the odds was emotional, real, and fun to read. I couldn't put this one down, despite everything else I needed to be doing. Red, White & Royal Blue follows the story of Alex, the First Son of the United States and son of the first female American President, as he comes to terms with the true nature of his bisexuality and falls in love with Henry - who just also happens to be Prince Henry of England. A lot happens in the story - an enemies-to-lovers journey, an election year, an old-school monarchy that doesn't want to change, and enough baggage to cause problems if they weren't flying on private jets. Both Alex and Henry's histories are dynamic and fleshed out, and the love between them is so palpable and so adorable. I loved Alex, Henry, and all the supporting characters. Red, White & Royal Blue was easy to fall into and hard to put down. 

Popular Posts