[Review] Tempting Hades by Emma Hamm

In Tempting Hades, Emma Hamm gives us a retelling of the Hades and Persephone myth, one that sets the kidnapping story aside for something more powerful. In this story, Persephone isn't the weak maiden of lore but a strong goddess who knows what she wants: to be by her husband's side, to come into her own, and to rule the Underworld as Queen. But Demeter and the other Olympians will prove to be an obstacle Persephone isn't ready to put aside, and she must decide what her legacy will be: Goddess of Spring, or Queen of the Underworld.

I have to say, this wasn't one of my favorite Hades/Persephone retellings. I've read a lot of them, and Tempting Hades just didn't grab me the way other retellings have. The story itself was good, the writing and storytelling perfectly fine, but this particular story just didn't pull me in like most retellings. I usually devour Hades/Persephone stories, but it took me several days to get through Tempting Hades. I liked the story, but it definitely wasn't my favorite retelling of the myth. 

Popular Posts