[Review] Grace and Glory by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Picking up immediately after the events of Rage and Ruin, Grace and Glory is the third and final installment of the Harbinger trilogy by Jennifer L. Armentrout.

Trinity Marrow knows the war to save Heaven and Earth is on the horizon and it's a battle she was born and bred for, one she's been training for her whole life. But that doesn't mean it has been an easy path. Zayne has returned to her, but at a steep cost. Roth and Layla have set off to recruit their least likely ally. And Trinity knows Gabriel is coming for her. Angels, Demons, and Wardens will have to put millennia of differences aside and fight side by side in an epic battle of good versus evil with the future of the Heavens and the Earth lying in the balance. And, like any fantastic Jennifer L. Armentrout novel, Grace and Glory will leave readers breathless, speechless, and clamoring for answers down to the very last page. 

I thought Grace and Glory was the absolute perfect ending to the Harbinger series. Armentrout gave us action, romance, and a deep dive into mythos (and if you've read her Covenant and/or Titan series, you know she excels at seamlessly blending myth and religion into modern-day settings). It seemed like she threw something new at me every chapter, some of it brand new information and some of it answers to questions that stemmed from the very first book. Some of the information revealed towards the end definitely makes me want to go back and reread the whole trilogy with this new information in mind, just to see how that changes my perception of events throughout Storm and Fury and Rage and Ruin

Some of the action in this book definitely gave me heart palpitations, but it seems like my favorite Armentrout novels always affect me on a physical level (which I guess is the highest praise I can really give a book). I loved how strong Trinity was as a character, and I loved how Zayne was there for her every time she didn't feel like she was at her strongest. I honestly didn't care that much for Zayne in the Dark Elements series, but he has definitely grown up and become an amazing (book) boyfriend since his first appearance. The Harbinger series also has a fantastic cast of secondary characters, and each one continues to shine in Grace and Glory. After the ending of Rage and Ruin, readers will no doubt to anxious to pick up Grace and Glory (I know I was!) and they will not be disappointed. Armentrout knows how to give her readers the endings they swoon over, and Grace and Glory is no exception. 

Popular Posts