[Review] My Favorite Half-Night Stand by Christina Lauren

Millie and Reid are friends. The best of friends. But for both of them, there’s always been something else simmering beneath the surface. So they give in. Just once. Maybe more than once. But when their friends group all decides to find dates for a work function via a dating app, Millie and Reid have to play along or risk their friends finding out that Reid and Millie may be more than just friends. Problem is, Millie is kind of emotionally unavailable. She keeps all of her problems to herself, not even telling Reid her biggest worries. Especially when Reid and his online dating becomes one of her biggest worries. So Millie creates a secret dating profile, one where she can be open and honest and emotionally available for Reid. But then Reid starts falling for this new dating profile while sleeping with Millie and while keeping all of this a secret from their other friends. Nothing could possibly go wrong, right?  

In true Christina Lauren fashion, My Favorite Half-Night Stand was a delight to read. I instantly fell in love with Millie and Reid, and my emotionally closed off self quickly identified with Millie. I also related to her being more comfortable around the guys, since I’ve never had many female friends. Millie is basically me, so how could I not love this book? Reid was also a fantastic rom-com book boyfriend, and out of Reid, Chris, Ed, and Alex, Millie definitely made the right choice in men. (Though, I honestly wouldn’t hate a book for the rest of the guys as well - they deserve love, too.) Christina Lauren have such an easy writing style, and I always have a hard time putting their books down. As soon as I finish a chapter, I need to move onto the next one. “Just one more chapter” doesn’t exist when reading Christina Lauren novels. As always, there was wit and banter between the love interests, but there was also tenderness and steaminess. Christina Lauren tick all the boxes for modern romances. My Favorite Half-Night Stand is perfect for established fans as well as a great gateway book into the CLo world.

Popular Posts