[ARC Review] Sexy as Sin by W. Winters

Four years ago, Kat's high school love was sent to prison for a crime he didn't commit. And since no one else stood up for Cillian, that meant Kat lost all her family at the motorcycle club, too. Now Cillian is out for good behavior and back in Kat's life. But Kat isn't the same girl she was at eighteen, and Cill isn't the same man he was before. He's bulked up, cold, and dangerous in a way that can scare even Kat. And that was before Cillian found out what happened between Kat and his best friend Reed while he was in prison. . . .

Sexy as Sin was hot, full of adrenaline-pumping action, and a perfect steamy read. This was a fairly quick read for me, but the pages are full of uncertainty and tension from the very beginning. I love that sense of danger that usually accompanies motorcycle club romances, and Winters managed to pack a whole lot of that into such a short read. 

I loved the journey Cillian went on, and I loved how dynamic his character was throughout the book. Cill definitely had his own problems to work through, like the death of a loved one and the presumed loss of the woman he wanted to marry. The world Cillian knew before he went to prison was not the world he was released out into, and that is reflected so well in his character. Kat had every right to feel fear as a reaction to some of the things Cillian did, and that fear and tension oozed off the page. Cillian was so raw on the page that I ended up responding the same way Kat did, holding my breath while I read just waiting to see what Cillian would do next. And almost every single time I found myself in that tense place, Cillian ended up surprising me. Cillian was big, strong, and dangerous - but he was also lost and afraid. Winters created such a complex character in Cillian, and I would absolutely love to see more of him. 

Kat made some choices while Cillian was away that I personally don't agree with, but those choices ended with everyone happy. Those choices also ended in some very spicy scenes, so I can't disagree too much.

Outside of the romance angle, Winters created a quick yet dangerous plot around Cillian's club and I thought that part of the plot played out well. I actually wouldn't have minded seeing more of that part of Cill's life, but Winters balanced Cillian's former life with his post-prison life well. 

I loved these characters, I really enjoyed the romance and motorcycle club dynamics, and I definitely would love to see more from the main players in this story. 

A big thank you to the author and Valentine PR for providing an advanced review copy of Sexy as Sin.

--------------------

Release date: 12/21/21
Format: eARC
eARC provided via: Valentine PR  

Popular Posts