[ARC Review] Married by Sunday by Sarah Ready

"The universe gave me Nate right when I needed him. And apparently, the universe gave me to Nate right when he needed me."

Izzy Harris has been having a rough year. Running from her problems is no longer cutting it, so Izzy bites the bullet and gets on a train to head back to Romeo, NY. There, she meets Nathaniel Barry - a stoic, no-nonsense stiff wearing a suit and a perpetual frown. Meeting Nathaniel might just be the sign Izzy has been praying for; of course, meeting Izzy might just be Nathaniel's worst nightmare. But mishap after mishap won't stop Nathaniel from his mission: get to Romeo, find his ex-girlfriend, and stop her from marrying another guy on Sunday. When Izzy volunteers her services for the weekend to teach Nathaniel how to properly woo his supposed soulmate, they both realize they might be getting more than they bargained for. Will they find love and find themselves before the wedding, or has the magic of Romeo finally worn out? 

I love this series more and more with every new book Sarah Ready writes. While each book in the Soul Mates in Romeo series can be read as a standalone, Ready drops just enough references to previous books that readers really get maximum enjoyment by reading the whole series. 

As usual, Miss Erma's matchmaking is at it again. This time, Nathaniel is told that his soulmate is in Romeo for the weekend and proper shenanigans ensue and he tries to woo the person he assumes Miss Erma is talking about. Of course, if you've read other books in the series, you know that Erma's predictions are not as clear cut and straight forward as our main characters tend to believe. I will say, I thought it was pretty obvious from the very beginning who Nathaniel's soul mate was, but the important thing really is the journey the main characters go on to get there and that journey was pretty special. 

I loved watching Izzy and Nate get to slowly know each other over the course of Married by Sunday. Every little thing that Izzy did to help Nate woo his soulmate was beautiful and sweet, and more often than not, full of heat and tension. While a slow burn, I think it's clear pretty early on that there's a spark leading somewhere between them. Izzy and Nathaniel are the best kind of opposites attract. 

I will say, this is the first time a Sarah Ready novel has made me cry. The ending was very much an emotional, cathartic release for Izzy, one I didn't see coming, and it ended up being an emotional release for me as a reader. Izzy's story might just be my favorite out of all the main characters in this series, and I expect it will be hard for Ready to top how I feel about Izzy in future Soul Mates in Romeo books. 

A sweet, opposites attract slow burn, Married by Sunday is an excellent addition to the series that readers both new and familiar with the series won't want to miss. 

Thank you to the author and Social Butterfly PR for providing an advance review copy of Married by Sunday

--------------------

Release date: 3/22/22
Format: eARC
eARC provided via: Social Butterfly PR

Popular Posts