[ARC Review] Matchmaking a Billionaire by Angela Denise

I've loved the romance and sometimes outright ridiculousness that has gone into the plots of Angela Denise's Bad Luck Club books, so I was so excited when I saw that they were writing a spin-off from that world. While Matchmaking a Billionaire does feature references to people and events that happened in the Bad Luck Club series, readers can definitely read Bryn and Rory's story as a standalone. 

Bryn Mayberry and her sister have long wanted to bring their family's matchmaking business into the 21st century. With an dating app design in place, they only need someone to help them build it - if only Nana Mayberry would let them. Stuck in her ways of old school, face-to-face matchmaking, Nana doesn't want to hear anything about dating apps. But when tech billionaire Rory Byrne enters the picture, Nana sees him as a celebrity who can elevate their business even if she has to entertain thoughts of dating apps in the process. Now Bryn, a matchmaker who gave up on love a long time ago, has to get close to Rory for all their plans to work out. But soon Bryn and Rory find themselves moving past reluctant coworkers to something more, and the loveless matchmaker might have just found her match. 

Right away, I knew I was going to enjoy Matchmaking a Billionaire. Angela and Denise do a fantastic job at bringing in these subtle elements from their Bad Luck Club series (name dropping characters from the series, referencing locations in Asheville we've seen in the BLC books, discussing events that happened in that series) and I immediately felt like I was returning home to the Bad Luck Club even though this is a new series set in Highland Hills. There was also a great lead in and build up in the BLC books in order to get us to the Mayberry Matchmakers, so I felt like I could jump right into this book and return to a series I already love. 

There was quite a bit of tension and build up to get to Rory and Bryn's happily ever after, but I found all the tension to be delicious rather than frustrating. With dual points of view, I really enjoyed watching both main characters realize their attraction for each other and then continue to deny it, all for the sake of their business partnership. This was such a good use of the close proximity trope, and I loved the unique twist involving the whole matchmaking aspect of things. 

I loved the Mayberry Matchmakers since we first heart about them in the Bad Luck Club series, and getting to see Bryn and Nana in their element was worth the wait. Nana Mayberry can sure be a piece of work, and her granddaughters' were understandably wanting to distance themselves. Bryn was a standout character to me for that reason. Bryn was this brilliantly multi-faceted character who was trying to find her place within the family legacy, all while not initially believing in the very product her legacy was built on. I loved that story arc for her and watching her learn to finally believe in true love. 

With fantastic characters and lots of tropes to love, Matchmaking a Billionaire by Angela Denise is a fun read for fans of the Bad Luck Club series or anyone looking to fall in love with a new billionaire romance.  

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of Matchmaking a Billionaire. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 

---------------------

Release date: 4/22/22 (physical)/4/28/22 (ebook)
Format: eARC
eARC provided via: Social Butterfly PR

Popular Posts