[ARC Review] Take My Daddy, I'll Take Yours by Jenika Snow

Publisher's synopsis:
 I was happy when my father found love again.

What I hated was that his new wife was not only the same age as me but I was pretty sure she was a sea witch created solely to make my life as miserable as possible.

A wedding should have been a joyous time. Instead, I kicked back the champagne until my inhibitions were shot and let a much older man lead me to a darkened corner and give me the best sex I’d ever had.

That one-night stand should have been just that, but it was hard not to think about the silver fox who gave me more orgasms than I thought were humanly possible.

It wasn't until a family dinner when my new step-mother invited her father over that I realized the man I let screw my brains out was none other than her father.

I should have felt shame for what I’d done, that forbidden encounter that lived rent free in my head. But instead the only thought that crossed my mind was…

Take my daddy, I’ll take yours. 
 

My thoughts: This was s quick read, but well worth it. I'm pretty sure Jenika Snow is the only author who could throw this big of an age gap at me and make me only want more. 

I enjoyed the whole concept of this novella. I thought Mina was spot on in her reactions to her father dating someone her own age. I also loved that Mina made it abundantly clear that the age gap wasn't her primary concern; if her dad was happy, she was happy. Mina's issues all stemmed from the fact that, since her new step-mother was her age, she actually went to school with her and they hadn't gotten along for years. 

I found all the characters - even the two younger women - to be blissfully mature for their ages. Everyone treated everyone else like adults, and I don't always see that when bigger age gaps are at play. It made sense that Mina's dad would be okay with her seeing Carter. Her dad is doing the exact same thing, after all. But what could have easily turned into a point of contention between Mina and her dad ended up being almost anti-climatically drama free. 

The focus on the positive is probably what I loved most about this age gap romance. If all the characters are happy, there's no need for extra drama. Snow thankfully didn't add drama just to add drama. 

Carter for sure brought the steaminess to this novella. He was a fantastic, dominant main character and was exactly who Mina (and I) needed. 

Overall, this novella featured plenty of steam and very little drama, giving readers a quick, satisfying read. 

A huge thank you to Jenika Snow for providing an advanced copy of Take My Daddy, I'll Take Yours

--------------------

Release date: 2/13/23
Format: eARC
eARC provided via: the author

Popular Posts