[Review] Ouch! My Vampire Doms Keep Biting Me by Calista Jayne

Publisher's synopsis:
 Two kinky vampires, one lucky woman.

If my homicidal monster of a stepfather catches me, he will kill me. So I run. I hide. It’s what I’m best at.

Unfortunately, the place I find to hide is filled with its own kind of monsters—the kind who crave my blood.

They also crave my body.

They crave my submission.

And despite the danger, I don’t hide. Because I crave their dominance.

My thoughts: This series may just be my newest obsession. I absolutely loved Autumn, Will, and Xander, and I loved the all of the situations they found themselves in together throughout this novella. 

I was pleasantly surprised at just how much steam and character development Jayne fit into this story. Autumn had a great, if unfortunate, introduction that had me instantly engaged with her life. Both Will and Xander, being vampires, had less on-page history between them but it was clear from their character development and personalities that there was a lot of history there that I'm sure will be explored further in future novellas. Even with much of the narrative focused on Autumn, I saw a lot of character coming through for both vampires; I found them both to be distinct and well-written. 

This story had a great balance of Autumn's life; her pre-vampire days were a series of harrowing events that only proved her multifaceted-ness as a brave and strong woman who is just as at home in the role of a sub. By the end of this first novella, Autumn was just coming into her role and I can't wait for things to heat up even further between her, Will, and Xander. 

I loved Jayne's writing style; it was easy to get lost in, and provided the right amount of description to truly make the scenes pop. I loved the little instances where Jayne put her own twist on the vampire myth. 

Autumn, Xander, and Will's story is just starting, and I can't wait to see where their lives together lead them next. 

--------------------

Release date: 8/22/23
Format: ebook
Ebook purchased via: Amazon/Kindle

Popular Posts