[Review] Tempted by Rebecca Rivard

PUBLISHER'S SYNOPSIS:
 He's the crown prince of a vampire syndicate...and I'm his newest obsession.

MILA
He's the crown prince of a vampire syndicate. An alpha vampire who will rule after his father.
One evening, I accidentally trespass on his family estate. Instead of kicking me out, he gives me a tour of his mother's amazing garden.
After, he sends me home in a car to keep me safe...and now I'm his newest obsession.
I know he’s dangerous, but I can’t give him up.

GABRIEL
She’s sunshine...and I’m night.
A field of summer flowers, and I’m the cool green forest.
Human, and I’m a supernatural.
But from the evening I come upon her trespassing on syndicate property, I crave her with an unreasoning desire that shreds my control—and threatens everything I've worked for.
  

MY THOUGHTS: This novella did an excellent job at setting up the three full-length novels in the Vampire Syndicate series, and I just know after reading Tempted that I will be binging the other books right away. 

I loved both Gabriel and Mila as characters. Gabriel is the eldest son and heir to his father's vampire syndicate, but as a dhampir, he has to prove himself to both his father and the men his father rules over if he ever hopes to be seen as a rightful ruler one day. Meeting and falling for a human woman is the last thing Gabriel should do, but Mila ends up being a temptation that will test Gabriel and everything he's ever known. 

Mila was a perfect mix between headstrong and submissive where Gabriel was concerned. I loved that she had her own mind, and was strong enough to stand up to a dhampir and keep her boundaries in place. But Mila also loved him, and that was evident soon after they began their relationship. They definitely have an interesting dynamic, and it's clear that not only will Gabriel make an excellent syndicate leader, but Mila will also be the perfect queen to counter-balance his vampire side and remind him of his humanity. 

Tempted does just enough to establish who all the major players are in the rest of the series, and even without a cliffhanger, I would have still been invested enough in Gabriel and Mila's story to want to immediately continue on. There was a lot of great set-up in this novella, and I highly recommend reading this one before diving into Gabriel's full-length novel. 

--------------------

Release date: 6/24/22
Format: ebook
eBook obtained via: Amazon/Kindle

Popular Posts