[Review] Pursued by Rebecca Rivard

PUBLISHER'S SYNOPSIS:
 MILA
I knew Gabriel was dangerous, the eldest son and heir to a Syndicate Primus. You think a Mafia don is scary? You should meet Gabriel's father.
But I thought I could play with fire without being burned. Now I’m on the run from the Syndicate. Hungry, alone. Not knowing who to trust.
Until the night the vampires hunt me down…

GABRIEL
I let Mila run from me once. Now she’s back—right when all hell breaks loose in the Syndicate.
Yeah, I’m suspicious. I know she’s keeping secrets from me.
But this time, I have the upper hand. Mila’s mine now. Bound to me by a blood oath that only I can break.
I’ll never let her leave.

MY THOUGHTS: I loved Gabriel and Mila in their introductory novella, Tempted, but I knew the rest of their story was going to keep me on the edge of my seat and Pursued did just that. 

Pursued gave us so much more than a romance. I usually don't go for high-tension, will they/won't they romances, but Gabriel and Mila had so much on the line that it was hard to put the book down. There were high stakes, a bit of mystery, and lots of situational drama. I hurt for both Mila and Gabriel, as they both had major, life-altering decisions to make in the name of love. 

Rivard definitely worked in the tension in this story. Whether is was Gabriel doing what he thought was best for his love while maintaining his position in the syndicate, or Mila walking the line between following her heart or keeping her family safe, there were so many high-stake twists and turns. We definitely had no shortage of action and drama in this story! 

Overall, the pacing was great in this book. There was action throughout, and plenty of spice to go around. The chemistry between the two main characters sizzled and was downright palpable. I loved this wrap up to Gabriel and Mila's story, and can't wait to see what's in store for the other Kral brothers. 

--------------------

Release date: 10/1/20
Format: ebook
Ebook obtained via: Amazon/Kindle

Popular Posts