[Review] Ouch! My Vampire Doms Have Really Long...Fangs by Calista Jayne

PUBLISHER'S SYNOPSIS:
 It isn’t the length of the fangs, it’s how they use them.

While I’m searching for meaning in my former bestie’s ominous social media posts, my two vampire Doms are puzzling out a mystery of their own—dangerous messages and the reappearance of an unnamed enemy from their past.

Xander is beginning to open up and trust that I won't go running. Will continues to wrap me in his arms and deliver the most delicious discipline.

With every passing night, I’m falling more and more in love with them both. I’m also getting more and more tangled in their dangerous world. And despite the terrors I find in the city’s supernatural underground, I wouldn’t change a thing.

The deeper I fall, the more I like the darkness.

MY THOUGHTS: Autumn, Will, and Xander are back in the fourth installment in the Vampire Doms series, and I'm loving how the plot is really starting to ramp up. The first few novellas were more about establishing the main characters' relationships, but now Jayne has fully moved onto the bigger dangers that Will and Xander will do anything to protect Autumn from. 

I really like the fact that Jayne gave Autumn her own distinct problems, separate from what Xander and Will were facing; it gave Autumn much more agency, since she isn't just some woe-is-me female lead who must choose between love and safety. Since all three main characters are puzzling out their issues, it allows for the main characters to grow together, rather than forcing them into any unequal power dynamics. The type of relationship that Will, Xander, and Autumn have is all about equal footing, and it was nice to see that extend beyond their bedroom. 

Jayne's spice is always on point, and I loved the time we got with the three leads as they explored their base instincts. Since this is a novella, the amount of spice wasn't over the top; there was definitely plot, character development, and spice all within this installment. This was a quick read, but a worthy addition to Autumn's growing romance with Xander and Will. 

--------------------

Release date: 12/5/23
Format: ebook
Ebook obtained via: Amazon/Kindle

Popular Posts