[ARC Review] The Bodyguard Proposal by Sookh Kaur

PUBLISHER'S SYNOPSIS: 
He’s the sinfully hot bodyguard sent to protect me. His big mistake? Thinking I’m going to be that same wallflower in London that I used to be in India…

So my plans for London are simple. Get wild while I still can. I’ve got three weeks to have the best trip of my life because after that, I need to be a perfect actress who never makes mistakes.

Except I didn’t plan for Huan Li, the leader of the security team, to be personally assigned to me. He’s so annoyingly rigid.

Well, guess what Mr. Rules? Now you have to sleep in a group hostel, watch me drunkenly let loose, and go to that pub crawl… where I’m about to grind on that other guy…

When Huan throws me over his shoulder and drags me away, I should fire him! Problem is, Huan keeps making me think I’m precious to him. He makes me laugh around London's attractions, and he’s the only one who notices the real me underneath my fake celebrity politeness.

But this is forbidden and he’s paid to be here.

And if I forget I’m just a job to Huan, I’ll be the one who didn’t guard her heart properly.  

MY THOUGHTS: Y'all, if you're looking for a spicy bodyguard romance that has lots of diversity, you need to add THE BODYGUARD PROPOSAL by Sookh Kaur to your TBR.

Looking to throw caution to the wind just one time before her mother's expectations take over, Komal wasn't expecting her mother's bodyguard, Huan, to tag along on her spontaneous trip to London. But once she's left India, Komal can't help but notice Huan in new ways, and it doesn't take long before Komal wishes Huan was doing a lot more than just guarding her body...

The Bodyguard Proposal was a spicy bodyguard romance that gave way more *spice emoji* than I was expecting while also really diving into both parental and societal expectations within the Punjabi community. I loved Komal's journey, even when it was taking her down some unexpected roads. While I am not part of the Punjab community, Kaur made it easy to understand and sympathize with what Komal was going through and the tough decisions she had to make.

It was easy to fall in love with these characters and their story. Komal was a bright spirit who fought to find her own happiness while not letting her mother down. Huan was the big, protective bodyguard who struggled to find a balance between following the rules or following his heart. Both were fun, heartfelt characters who were hard to put down.

Kaur crafted a sizzling bodyguard romance that kept me rooting for Komal and Huan despite the odds. I truly enjoyed these two main characters, and I loved the adventure that Kaur took them on.

--------------------

Release date: 2/9/24
Format: eARC
eARC provided via: the author

Popular Posts