[ARC Review] Monster Bully by Sam Crescent

PUBLISHER'S SYNOPSIS:
 From the moment Grim looks at Eve, he knows he wants her. All of his life, he has only known true evil. It was why he was able to rise the ranks and become the man that he is today. No one dared to betray him. If they did, they only knew him to be cruel, a true monster—a bully.

All she did was help a stranger. A man with a flat tire.

One date turned into another, and now, she is married to the love of her life. Only, Grim is not who he says he is.

One year, Eve thought she was married to a respectable business man called Graham. He’s called Grim, and there is nothing good about him. She now knows the truth. He is a dangerous man, and she wants a divorce. The only problem is, she is still in love with him. He is no different from the man she married.

Grim will not let her go without a fight. But while focusing on his wife, an enemy has risen up. When they threaten his wife, there is no holding back. He promised his wife he would protect her. Anyone who threatens her, will be dead.

Will Eve be able to forgive and finally accept who her husband is? 

MY THOUGHTS: Monster Bully was a quick read, but I definitely didn't get what I was expecting out of these characters. I thought Grim would be one of those main characters that I would begrudgingly hate at first and would have to learn to love as Eve did the same. Instead, I ended up pretty much loving Grim right off the bat; I never once thought of him as either a monster or a bully. 

I loved the action that we got in this short romance, but I definitely would've loved to see more. I don't think Grim ever seemed as bad as he was made out to be, and a lot of that stemmed from the fact that his worst atrocities all seemed to happen off-page so we were left just taking Eve's word for it. But even Eve never seemed truly afraid of the big, bad monster, so I wasn't either. 

I did enjoy the romance and action in this story, but I think I would've liked it even more if we got to see more of Grim doing his worst on page. I loved him as a character, but he never did seem as bad as the blurb made him out to be. 

[A huge thank you to the author for providing a review copy of this title via BookSirens. All opinions are my own.]

---------------------

Release date: 3/12/24
Format: eARC
eARC provided via: BookSirens

Popular Posts