[Audiobook Review] Ruthless Creatures by J.T. Geissinger

PUBLISHER'S SYNOPSIS:
 Five years ago, my fiancé disappeared. He left me with a wedding dress I’d never wear. Left me with the kind of scars that can’t be healed. The man I built my future on vanished like a ghost. All that remained were my broken heart and a million unanswered questions.

Until a mysterious stranger arrives in town.

Tall, dark, and dangerous, Kage is as full of secrets as he is sex appeal. Though I know he’s hiding something, I’m drawn to him like a moth to flame. Heat crackles between us with every look, desire flares into passion, and I fall hard, helpless to resist.

But then I discover he’s been sent to collect on an unpaid debt from my missing fiancé....

And that debt is me.
  

MY THOUGHTS: J.T. Geissinger is fast becoming an auto-buy author for me. Ruthless Creatures is only the second book by her that I've read, but it's also the second book by her that I've absolutely devoured because I couldn't get enough of the action-filled plot or the passion between the two main characters. 

Natalie and Kage were absolute fire on the page. Even while Nat was (understandably) still coming to terms with her situation at the beginning of the book, it was clear that there was something undeniable and life-changing between her and Kage. Their chemistry sizzled and was palpable through their every interaction. 

The audiobook narration for Nat, Kage, and Sloane was phenomenal. Troy Duran in particular did a fantastic job at voicing the tough, gruff, and protective Kage. I think I could listen to Troy Duran narrate audiobooks all day, every day, and fall in love with his characters every single time. I loved that Nat and Sloane were voiced by different voice actresses; it made their interactions truly stand out and gave each character a distinct personality. 

This was a spicy read that was hard to put down from chapter one all the way to the epilogue. I can't wait to continue this series and see what's in store for Sloane. 

[A huge thank you to MacMillan Audio for gifting me a copy of this audiobook for review.]

--------------------

Release date: 2/14/24 (audio), 11/30/23 (text)
Format: ALC
ALC provided via: MacMillan Audio influencer program

Popular Posts