[ARC Review] My Turkish Fling by Enni Amanda

☆ PUBLISHER'S SYNOPSIS: What if this isn't just a fling?

Janie: As a divorced 41-year-old, I could do worse than a gorgeous Turkish farmhand. Emir's perfect fling material—young and only visiting. Except, he's too smart to be a farmhand and too serious for a fling. I mean, he never smiles. Like, never.

I should date someone local but I'm drawn to my mysterious house guest. The way he cares for my horse, cooks, and looks out for me—it's pulling me in too deep. As we prepare my crumbling farm for my friend's engagement party, the heat between us turns into fire. But danger lurks in my rural paradise, and my hot Turkish Fling is becoming more and more protective.

Emir: My brother's marrying a Kiwi, so I’m back in New Zealand, fixing broken fences and sharing a house with a captivating blonde who’s definitely off-limits.

I'm the responsible one, destined to save the family business in Istanbul. Love is not on my radar, but Janie is getting under my skin, making me feel things I’ve forgotten. My self-control is hanging by a thread. The only problem is, I don’t do flings…  


☆ MY THOUGHTS: I was so excited to travel back to New Zealand - with a side trip over to Turkey - in Enni Amanda's second book in the Love, Istanbul series. I love a broody, grumpy MMC, so I could not wait to read Emir's story. 

I loved these main characters. As we saw in his brother's story, Emir often takes the backseat to Cem; he's not famous, he's not rich, and he's had plenty of experience with women throwing themselves at him just to get to his brother. I just wanted to reach out and hug Emir, show him that he is, in fact, seen. 

Luckily, Janie was there to actually hug him for me. 

I loved that Enni chose a divorced woman in her forties as her FMC. Janie had a full life already behind her when Emir came into the picture, and I thought that made Janie's story that much more dynamic. So many romances focus on first loves and following your heart, but I loved this romance where the main characters had family commitments and couldn't just drop everything to be together. It was realistic, and something I don't see nearly enough in contemporary romances. 

Emir and Janie were sweet and spicy, and I enjoyed watching them fall in love. This romance was about so much more than falling in love, though. It addressed career choices, family ties, and the difficult choices we often have to make when it comes to pursuing the life we want. 

I loved this story, and can't wait to read what's next from Enni Amanda. 

--------------------

Release date: 7/12/24
Format: eARC/paperback
eARC obtained via: the author; paperback purchased by me

Popular Posts