[ARC Review] Threats of Jasmine by Kitt Lynn

☆ PUBLISHER'S SYNOPSIS: Carys

I will be perfect.

I haven't been at Havenfield long, only a couple of years. But in that short time, I have seen many omegas settle for less-than-perfect packs, as well as a few that were forced into matings they didn't want. Seeing these poor omegas struggle to find love has made me see how truly lucky I am.

There are three amazing men that want to keep me, love me, and cherish me forever.

I will listen, and obey, and do everything I can to make my new pack happy.

None of them have so much as raised their voices, but they are alphas—their kind all have tempers. But I'm determined to never give them a reason to be cross. Because the last time I angered an alpha I loved, I was stabbed over a dozen times and left for dead in a bathtub.

I will be perfect.


☆ MY THOUGHTS: Whew. At times, Threats of Jasmine was truly a heavy story to read. Carys had a truly traumatic past which deeply affected her ability to live her life in the present, and it was often hard to see her trying to cope with her new situation and new pack. This might be an omegaverse story featuring an MMMFM romance, but there is so, so much more to this story than what goes on in the bedroom. 

I love how Lynn developed each and every one of these characters. Carys had to be handled with caution if she was ever going to have a healing journey, and Kofi, Swanley, Isaac, and Judson were just the alphas and beta to help her. Each alpha may have had similar take-charge character traits, but Lynn made every single one of them unique and their own person. There was no doubt that each alpha served a very different purpose in Carys's life and healing, and I loved that each male was so distinct. Carys was precious and needed to be protected, but I loved the strength that Lynn gave her. Carys's healing was truly a group effort, but it started from within Carys herself and I thought that came across beautifully within the story. 

While of course there were some steamy scenes between Carys and her pack, that wasn't all this story was about. There was great commentary on healing and working to overcome your past. There were also great examples of communicating while in relationships, whether it is a one-on-one relationship or something more. 

Threats of Jasmine was well written, with plenty of thought given to pacing and character development. This story went much deeper than your average MMMFM romance, and I enjoyed how much actual plot development there was both inside and out of Carys's new pack dynamics. 

This is the third book in the Broken Omegas series, but it can easily be read as a standalone. 

A huge thank you to the author and Flying Pig PR for providing a review copy of this story! 

--------------------

Release date: 7/15/24
Format: eARC
eARC provided via: Flying Pig PR

Popular Posts