[ARC Review] Nailed by Ames B. Winterbourne

PUBLISHER'S SYNOPSIS: Newly widowed Josie is ready for a sizzling hot girl summer at her new vacation home in sunny California. Things heat up fast when she meets five scorching, hot, younger workmen eager for her lemonade. But these aren’t your average construction workers. They’re aliens that turn into hammers when horny. They’re here for one mission, and one mission alone: secure a human omega mate for life. And Josie might be the one.  


MY THOUGHTS: Okay, yes, I've finally landed on the spicy sentient side of romance books. And I don't regret it. I expected this to be corny, full of innuendos, with absolutely no plot whatsoever. But Nailed actually included a little plot and had some unexpected backstory for Josie. At just over forty pages, I expected this to be very much wham-bam-thank you ma'am; what I didn't expect was character development for Josie and a nice little history lesson about hammer shifter aliens and how we got tools that look like the hammer aliens here on Earth. 

Josie and her five mates definitely gave more than I was expecting. Sure, there were some silly moments that made me inwardly groan and more than a few hammer-related jokes, but this novella was a lot more palatable and less ridiculous than I was expecting. With five hammers in play, Nailed did challenge my imagination as I really had to work to picture exactly what was happening between Josie and the other five. But even making my imagination work a bit didn't lessen my overall enjoyment of this story. It was fun, it was fresh, and it was spicy. I may have went in with lower expectations, but Nailed far surpassed what I was hoping for and ended up being a nice escape. 

--------------------

Release date: 8/6/24
Format: eARC
eARC obtained via: BookSirens

Popular Posts