[ARC Review] All the Dangerous Things by Jenika Snow

PUBLISHER'S SYNOPSIS: He was a monster, a killer, the type of man my brothers kept me away from.

Gio, my sister-in-law's brother and the head of the West Coast Cosa Nostra, was family and off-limits.

Maybe that was why I was so drawn to him.
 
Violence and death clung to him like he was born in the pits of hell, and he thrived on it.
Despite everything, I started a relationship with the devil himself, and I fell in love.

I had to keep it a secret, knowing my brothers would kill Gio if they found out.
But when I discovered I was pregnant, hiding it was impossible.

To make matters worse, Gio and my brothers found themselves entangled with a dangerous new syndicate.

It was a situation that threatened to ignite chaos and conflict, involving everyone I cared about. Including my new forbidden lover and the baby we were bringing into this hell on earth.

MY THOUGHTS: Equal parts darkly seductive and tense, All the Dangerous Things by Jenika Snow is a great addition to the Underworld Kings series and gives us the romance of a much-needed pairing: Gio and Tatianna.

I loved these two as a pairing. Gio runs the west coast branch of the Italian Mafia, so there wasn't ever a chance that him falling for a Russian Mafia Princess wasn't going to cause drama. But between Gio’s status, his family, and his unconventional hobbies, he has to face danger around every corner. When Tati comes into his life, though, he knows he has to have her - no matter what her overprotective brothers have to say about it. I loved the way Gio risked so much just to be with Tati. He is the very definition of physically domineering, and knows exactly what it takes to get what he wants.

Gio was able to awaken so much within Tati, and my favorite part of this dark romance was watching Tati bloom outside of her brothers’ watchful eyes and tap into her true wants and desires. Gio might have had brute strength, but Tati had the mental and emotional stamina to pursue exactly what she wanted in a world where that's not easy to do.

Whether it's mafia or taboo, I always enjoy reading Jenika Snow's romances, and All the Dangerous Things was no exception. There was a great balance between plot and character development, furthering the problems and unknowns found within the Underworld Kings world. Gio and Tatianna are great as a standalone dark romance, but everything going on around them shines that much brighter with the context of the other Underworld Kings stories. And the way Snow set up what's coming next for men like Gio, Dmitry, and Nikolai? I can't wait to see how everything goes down.

[A huge thank you to the author for providing an advanced copy of this book for review! All opinions are my own.]

--------------------

Release date: 9/30/24
Format: eARC
eARC provided via: the author

Popular Posts